Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract The Erskine Hewitt collection of Cooper-Hewitt papers is comprised of the personal and business papers of Peter Cooper, Abram S. Hewitt, and their families and colleagues. It came to Cooper Union as part of the bequest of Erskine Hewitt, and has been rearranged by staff at the Cooper Union Archives.
Dates: 1783 - 1933
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Gregg's work with the Cooper Union Alumni Association and ephemera related to the Cooper Union including documents that discuss fundraising, continuing education, reunions, and events.
Dates: 1950 - 2002
Abstract The Papers of George F. Bateman is a collection of personal correspondence, business correspondence, miscellaneous memorabilia, and alumni association materials from George F. Bateman. George was the Dean of the Cooper Union School of Engineering from 1933 till his death in 1948. He was responsible for the inception and development of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
Dates: 1896 - 1948
Abstract The Papers of Norma E. Rancken is a collection of Cooper Union-related memorabilia, correspondence, certificates, photographs, and classwork.
Dates: 1938 - 2010
Abstract The Published writings of Peter Cooper is a collection comprised of printed letters, pamphlets, speeches, and addresses.
Dates: 1844 - 1879
Records of the Cooper Union Engineering Honor Societies: Mu Alpha Omicron and the Iota Chapter of Tau Beta Pi
Abstract The Records of the Cooper Union Engineering Honor Societies document the history of Mu Alpha Omicron and the Iota Chapter of Tau Beta Pi at the Cooper Union from 1926 to 1981. This collection includes photographs, books, plaques, stamps, a metal cast logo, and catalog cards in a metal box.
Dates: 1926 - 1981
Abstract The Records of The Student Union of The Cooper Union is comprised of minutes, correspondence, questionnaires, and newspaper articles regarding the Student Union, its history, and involvement with the institution.
Dates: Includes records from ca. 1956-1979, chiefly 1968-1979.
Abstract This collection consists of registers and directories for staff, students, and alumni produced by The Cooper Union from 1859-2018. The materials are a mix of bound and unbound materials.
Dates: 1859 - 2018
Abstract This collection consists of materials documenting coursework produced by Cooper Union School of Architecture students between 1939 and 2020. The collection also includes course-related materials produced by School of Architecture faculty.
Dates: 1939 - 2020; Majority of material found within 1975 - 2020
- Subject: Education, Higher X
- The Cooper Union Archives & Special Collections 8
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture Archive 1
- Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art 4
- Administration 3
- Correspondence 3
- Engineering 3
- Engineers 3
- Mechanical engineering 3
- Mechanical engineering--History 3
- Newspaper clippings 3
- Student activities 3
- Student records 3
- Architectural schools 2
- Architecture 2
- Awards 2
- Faculty (Education) 2
- Finance 2
- New York (N.Y.) -- Politics and government 2
- Photographs 2
- Publications 2
- Reports 2 ∧ less
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art 3
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. School of Engineering 3
- Cooper, Peter, 1791-1883 2
- Bateman, George F. (1887-1948) 1
- Gregg, Edwin F. (1924-2008) 1
- Hewitt, Abram S. (Abram Stevens), 1822-1903 1
- Mu Alpha Omicron 1
- Rancken, Norma E. (1925-2005) 1
- Tau Beta Pi. Iota Chapter 1
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. School of Architecture 1
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. School of Art 1
- The Student Union of Cooper Union 1 ∧ less